Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Man of Culture #1

While I started this blog with a singular purpose, I've found I really enjoy using it for taste-making (read: sharing the slices of pop culture I've been enjoying.) In an effort to pretend like I'm running a serious publication, I'm going to codify these posts under the "A Man of Culture" heading. Consider this the first official one. I suppose my Top Ten Albums post was #0.

That brings me to Bon Iver (pronounced "bone hee-vair.") An intentional misspelling of the French for "Good Winter", Justin Vernon's one-man psych folk project is persuasive enough to make months of cold cabin-dwelling sound haunting and irresistible.

Take a listen to his recent live performance in Washington, DC. You probably won't regret it.

Bon Iver - Live

No comments: